Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Looking forward

Today is the official first day of our "Spring Break." The kids and I had school yesterday because of a snow makeup day. (I could write a whole other post on that but I won't.) As my morning unfolded in a way that I had not expected, I started thinking about expectations as a whole. I had/have certain expectations for my wonderful work free days (work free as in I don't have to actually go TO work, but I have plenty of mommy work and school work that I brought home.) I feel as if in the past I have always set my expectations rather high and then I am let down. Rather than try to cram in a bunch of activities and over plan the kids with appointments. I am going to enjoy being with them and be ready to expect the unexpected. I do believe now that I am one year wiser that I have learned about these things and can do a better job setting my expectations for all situations.







Of course, I had to photograph my wonderfully whiny baby this morning as she was trying to put on my shoes. I thought she was ready to give up one of her two naps. Apparently, she is not.? We will see how this week goes!












PS: I was going to title this post expectations but I could only imagine the response I would have gotten from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment