I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of Christmas, I mean winter, vacation. It has been very relaxing and enjoyable because I did not have to worry about work. I could focus just on my family. Of course, I still feel like I didn't play with the kids enough or actually go out and "do stuff" with them. I do feel really blessed to be able to share and enjoy the small things and make memories with them. This realization came to me as I chose to squish myself into P's toddler bed so that I could lay with her and enjoy some quiet one on one time with her. Here is a list of things that I am very thankful for but I sometimes overlook them...
- my baby talking more and more
- my baby hugging my neck as she drifts off to sleep
- my oldest son asking me to play chess with him (even if I didn't get to experience Harry Potter chess yet)
- my kids being thrilled with our Christmas morning traditions
- having them eagerly help to put away all of our Christmas decorations
- playing their new Wii and Ds games without arguing
- seeing them really interact with the baby
- watching them help train the puppy
I guess I could go on and on....
I always get sad when I have to go back to work after a long break. I just want to be home with them everyday. In the end I get over it because I know I am doing what I need to do and they have a wonderful father who gets to spend lots of time with them.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment