Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Friday!

All week long I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't wait for Friday. Our family was going to my co-worker's house to choose one of the puppies that her stray dog had over the summer. (Of course, I kept think about 101 Dalmatians- "The puppies are here!") When we got out of the car the kids went toward the stairs to see the 6 puppies. They were so much smaller than I thought they were going to be. I think that I was remembering when I got my chocolate lab, he was older and a lot bigger. D really liked the runt of the litter, but that one was already spoken for. Mrs. B recommended her next favorite CALM male and we decided to adopt him. Whenever the little monsters would go near P she would start to cry and run the other way. She would look at them but wanted nothing to do with any of them.
After we chose the newest member of our family we started to make the trek home. We stopped in the Petsmart and purchased a collar and some Puppy Chow. We got home, hung out a little while and put him in his box for bed. Night number one went well. Every couple of hours he would whine and I would get up and let him out. I was so impressed. Last night, night number 2, we tried to put him in his crate and he whined. And he whined and whined and whined for like an hour straight. When Steve let him out, he curled up in front of the couch and fell fast asleep. I guess we will have to work on the crate training. We are ready for the adventures.
The children have finally decided to name the puppy Friday! We all agreed that this is a good name for a puppy. In all of our craziness, we decided that we wanted to get a puppy to 1) help a friend find homes for them and 2) let our children have the puppy experience. When we found our first dog she was already one and already trained. At the time that was what we needed and we love our Coral. Now it is time for our kids to help train and raise our puppy. (And yes it is like having a newborn all over again.) The kids said now our family is even, 4 girls and 4 boys.




No comments:

Post a Comment