Oh my! This has been quite a week. It is funny how you are never fully prepared for the unexpected. I still need to remind myself that things never turn out the way you plan for them. Here is the short version of our last couple of weeks...(there are no pictures because no one is feeling very photogenic right now.) C had a double sleep over 2 weekends ago. He came home on Sunday and slept all day. I thought he was just tired. Nope. Turns out he had a fever and missed three days of school. I decided not to take him to the doctor because I felt bad about what they were going to do. They are testing everyone for the flu. I had that test done once and it was absolutely horrible. There was no reason for the nurse to be that harsh to me. I also didn't take him because he missed the window of opportunity to get the tamiflu(sp?) medicine anyway. It is still unknown what he actually had.
Everything was fine for a couple of days. I believe Monday night was the night that D had a fever. Wednesday morning, K had the fever. Steve finally took them to the doctor after I made him cancel the one from the day before because of my fear of the test. I also feared for the medicine because I heard that it had really weird side effects. Diagnosis: D-strep and K-flu. Friday, P woke up with a fever and Steve also did not feel well. I needed to stay home to take care of my babies, which I did. I gave her 2 doses of the tamiflu, first day made her nauseous but she did okay with it today. Now I have had a headache and had to take a nap today. I am still praying that I don't get IT, but already C has said he has a headache again. I guess I didn't clean well enough... I will have to try again tomorrow. Everyone seems to be feeling nice and cool. Ha. Think good thoughts...at least we will all have stronger immune systems and a full medicine cabinet of ibuprofen and tylenol!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment