Friday, April 22, 2011

Jersey

Look close, you can see the Statue of Liberty













D helping P, or is it P helping D?





C, crawling through an artery tunnel






P and D enjoyed writing with the chalk.






K loved the building blocks and


P just wanted to Paint with water.







Another shot of our Lady Liberty





A great time was had by all, well all of those who did not get sick on our lovely vacation to NJ. It was really great to get away and for the kids to see their grandparents. The drive down was pretty uneventful. We were able to leave at 5 and were there by 2. On Sunday, we were able to see the hubby's side of the family and a very dear friend of his. On Monday, we got up and after leisurely hanging around the house decided spur of the moment, to go to the Liberty Science Center. I though that I had been there before, but now that I have really been there, I don't think I was. I actually thought that this was the museum with the human heart that you could walk through. It turns out, that exhibit is at the Franklin Institute in Philly. It was still a very interesting, hands on place to go. Even P, had a blast. C was very excited because there was an exhibit called "Touch Tunnel." It was a tunnel that you crawl though and use other senses besides sight. I told him that I would do it with him, because there was no way that daddy and grandma were crawling in any tunnel. We waited in line for at least 30 minutes. I got about 10 feet into the tunnel had a mini claustrophobia attack and made my way back out. I am so impressed that C did it anyway. If you want to check it out, click here. It was a fantastic day and I am very pleased that we were able to go there. More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment