The day finally arrived! It was time to take our ever waited for Christmas trip to Disney. We had been planning this trip since the summer. I had planned all of these things that I wanted to do to make it even more magical, but of course with work and life half of it didn't get done... But it didn't even matter because we made it to Disney World with a pretty great car ride. I had packed a bag of activities for the girls to do in the car. We had borrowed a DVD player from my brother, because apparently we break all the ones that we have. The kids didn't even end up really wanting it but it was great to have! We ended up leaving at 6 am. The kids ate lots of snacks in the car. I drove the whole way except for about an hour and a half. There is just no way that the hubby can handle it with all his medical issues. We stopped at Chic-fil-a for lunch. The kids got a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake to share because they were buy one get one free for teachers. Woohoo. Wish they were on sale at home.

Arrival at the hotel was spectacular. We stayed at Pop Century last time, which was nice. This was wonderful and a definite upgrade from a value resort to a moderate resort. I highly recommend spending the extra money on the moderate. The atmosphere felt like you were right in the movie the Princess and the Frog. The rooms had recently been redone to go with the theme also. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the inside of the room! I will have to look again. The lobby had pleny of seating and activities for the kids. The attention to detail all around was phenomenal. We met up with my sister and her family and my mom as we were checking in. What perfect timing!
PS. Check back for more from our Disney trip and I am still getting used to all of these blogger changes.





No comments:
Post a Comment