We decided to go to the Animal Kingdom the first day since one of my sisters was not coming in until the following day and didn't mind missing this park. This also is not my favorite park, but when I get there I am simply amazed at all of the attention to detail. You really feel like you are in Africa in parts. Mickey's wake up call woke us up early and we met my mom, my other sister, my two nieces and my nephew to begin our journey. The first attraction that we did when we got there was the Kilimanjaro Safaris. I am not sure if we ever went this early in the morning before, but this day we got some really close views of many of the animals!
After we rode the Kali River Rapids and the Everest roller coaster (and by we I mean some members of our party because I did not do either of them), we bought some great souvenirs in the Everest gift shop. You will see K's Yeti hat and C's Yeti hands featured in many pictures throughout the trip. I even had to go retrieve those Yeti hands from the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios when they were accidentally left under the seat!
Next we were off to our Character lunch at the Tusker House. This was a buffet meal that featured Donald, Mickey, Daisy and Goofy. They come around to your table to sign autographs and take pictures as you are eating. Every 45 minutes to an hour they restaurant would have a parade where the kids would get instruments and follow behind character. It was very interactive.
One of my favorite things from the trip was meeting Chip and Dale. They were dressed in their Christmas attire and they sure are a couple of jokesters. They both really like C's Yeti claws! Chip was rubbing his nose against my cheek...
Another awesome attraction was the Festival of the Lion King. Apparently, we have never seen this before because I would have remembered... Basically it was a performace celebrating Simba. There were gymnasts, fire eaters, people on stilts and more. At this point we did Bug's Life in the Tree of Life and headed to Dino land. Big kids went on Dinosaur and little kids went on the less intense rides, including the play area.

















No comments:
Post a Comment