Saturday, January 19, 2013

Disney Christmas Trip Day 7- Merry Christmas

 Princess K in front of the laugh canister before we went into the Laugh Floor.
 
 Meeting Minnie Mouse was very special for Princess P.  She bought three Minnies while we were there.  She said she wanted a mouse family.  Since it was her money, I couldn't protest and it was very cute. 
 The highlight of our Christmas Day was eating at the brand new Be Our Guest Restaurant.  We ended up being late because we literally got stuck on the Carousel of Progress, which is one on my nephew Dennis' favorite rides. We had to watch one of the scenes twice before it moved on, I guess that is progress. Ha!  We finally made it to the restaurant.  We did wait for a pretty long time, but it was worth it.  All the cast members were very helpful.  It could have been because of our large number.  We actually had to be split up because they could not accommodate 15.  So we had a party of 8 and 7.
 Waiting...

 Still waiting on the bridge- only people who have checked in can wait here...
 
The details were amazing!  We were able to enjoy them while we waiting.  When we finally were able to go in we were seated in the Grand Ballroom.  My sisters were in the West Wing and we went to visit them between courses.
The napkin was in the shape of a rose. 

The ceiling was just like the movie.
I had the Ratatouille.  It was outstanding. 
 Our visit to the West Wing. 
K in front of the magical rose. 
Dessert was brought to us on a special cart, and it again was amazing. 
 
Every forty five minutes or so they would announce the host, the Beast was there.  He would walk through the restaurant and wave.  Guests were also given the opportunity to go and meet him when they were finished eating in his study.  It was pretty amazing.  (Yes, I used the word amazing again.)  Maybe I should say it was really wild.  I loved meeting the Beast!
 
C in side the castle still. 
 After we left the castle, we stopped by Gaston's Tavern and the kids sat in his chair.  Again the details were beyond what I had imagined and totally typical of Disney magic. 
We then tried to stay for the parade.  We found seats several rows back from the curb and sat down with everyone one else.  I though it was going to be the perfect way to end our vacation.  However, as soon as the parade started, the lovely, considerate people in the front stood up!  That meant that everybody behind them stood up and that meant that we now could see nothing.  If everyone and stayed sitting everyone could have enjoyed it.  That was very disappointing.  It was very, very difficult to leave at that point and I wish that I had left with everyone else, because we had been there since almost 7 am.  If I ever go again on Christmas, I will definitely go early again and definitely not try to stay late.  All in all that one incident did not really sour me because I knew what I was getting into. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment