Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Day 44/67 Snake Day

D's last day of camp

More prescriptions for Friday

K found the snake in our garage!  I found some droppings yesterday so we suspected it was in there. When she went out in the garage to ride her scooter, she almost stepped on it.  We both went running inside.  Hubby went outside and dragged it out using the stick part of a broom.  It was black snake and it moved pretty slow.  It decided to climb the crape myrtle tree right next to the garage.  I really didn't want it so close to the house still.  I ran across the street to see if the neighbor had any ideas.  He wasn't home but I spotted another neighbor.  He looked in his garage for something, and then I remembered I had a grabber tool from one of hubby's surgeries.  Also. hubby cannot move very fast with all of his medical issues.  They were finally able to knock it down from the tree and take it back into the woods.  Hopefully it will stay there.  I am so thankful for helpful neighbors!

After all that excitement, the kids went swimming while I went to Target to get more paper towels and prescriptions.  The medicine is really irritating the dog and we have to keep cleaning accidents.  I hope he gets used to it soon!

D presented all of his hard work with the Lego robots!  The camp was very good for him and he now wants to be an engineer!

The day ended with me falling asleep while the kids watching The Muppet Movie from 1979. 

After they went to bed I was awake enough to watch more Breaking Bad.  We only have about 5 episodes left.  I will be sad when it is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment